PEX Repiping and Slab Leak Repairs Rohnert Park
A Copper or PEX Repipe is the course of action where the existing piping in a house or a building are replaced with new ones. All water line fittings, stop valves and supply lines are changed out. this usually produces greater water pressure and healthier water quality.
Should I Repipe the house in Rohnert Park, CA?
There are many reasons for why you needs to replace the water lines in your home.
For properties with galvanized plumbing:
Galvanized piping can be found in houses built during the 80’s. A galvanized pipe is an iron pipe which is zinc coated for corrosion protection. The sad thing is the zinc coating steadily corrodes over time exposing the iron, then corrosion build-up.
Normal Slab Leak Indications:
Decreased Water Pressure – The key reason why might be the restriction in the water flow due to corrosion and rust build-up inside the galvanized water line.
Rust Colored Water – Rust often goes into the fixtures. This indicates a highly developed stage of corrosion in your plumbing.
Leaky Water Pipes – Leaks are the result of corrosion of the galvanized pipes. Undetectable leaking can develop inside the walls, inside of the attic or underneath the residence, creating the potential for major damage to the property.
For houses with polybutylene plumbing:
This type of plastic water pipe was frequently used from the mid 70’s to mid 90’s. It was considered to be the next great advancement for plumbing and fixtures. Polybutylene water systems were found to be installed in millions of people’s homes before it was listed as highly defective. Approximately 65% of most homes constructed in this time period still has this category of pipe in the house.
Polybutylene pipes have an exceedingly small lifespan, considering the fact that chemicals in average city water causes it to firm up and turn into brittle. The fittings quite often burst open first, and then the pipe itself.
Polybutylene water lines are made up of flexible plastic piping, colored grey when for indoor use and black or blue outside. Certain fittings are manufactured with metal and plastic. Insert fittings are used to join up pieces of polybutylene pipe.
For homes with copper plumbing in the slab.
Slab leaks are caused by copper or other pipes becoming corroded from certain soil and water conditions under the floor of the house.
Slab Leak Symptoms:
- Water leaking through your foundation.
- Water sounds like it is running even when no faucets are on.
- Your water meter shows water running despite the fact that your water is shut off.
- Very substantial monthly water utility bills.
- Next door neighbors have already had a leaking slab.
- You have experienced a previous slab leak.
Aspects of Copper or PEX Repiping
- Much better water pressure
- Forget about the rust colored or foul tasting water
- Nice and clean, crystal clear water
- Having the ability to use more than one faucet simultaneously
- Extremely high quality plumbing without having any more leaky water lines.
- No scalding skin in the shower when someone turns on your faucet or flushes.
- Better relief when your piping system is secure and safe.
- Encouraging selling feature for your property.
When you employ a local plumber or other firm to do the job, it’s probably going to set you back more in the long term when you consider that you will have to hire a drywall repair service provider to replacement patch over the various repair points. Whenever you employ a repipe company that features a master patcher on staff such as Repipe Specialists, you’ll never be required to pay out extra money or valuable time getting your home back to normal. From beginning to end, the PEX and Copper repiping procedure normally takes only a couple of days.